Thursday, July 11, 2013

Parklife!

So following on from my last post, in which I spoke about my trip to lacklustre Brussels, I spent a wonderful five days in Budapest last week....which I will write about soon!

If you are following me over on Instagram, you will have seen some of my photos popping up throughout the week - but as I'm sure you've already guessed, I have lotsssssssss more to share...


What was extra wonderful, was returning back from our holiday to a hot and sunny London!  I literally spent the whole of last weekend reading in the sunshine, drinking Campari, picnicking and relishing every second of the great British summer - after all, you never know when the weather will take a turn for the worst!


On Sunday we met with friends for a picnic on Hampstead Heath.  It was a scorcher, and we had the funnest time laying around in the glorious sunshine and beautiful surroundings.

With my lovely friend Hannah, who you may recognise from a recent post I wrote about her art exhibition...

Hannah brought the biggest strawberries I have ever seen!


We parked our bums on the grass (or blanket, as it were) from 2pm until around 9pm, at which point we walked up Parliament Hill to watch the sun set over London.  It was very pretty...


For shame - I got busted Instagramming...but how would everyone know I was in the park, if I didn't post it to Instagram in real time....?


Thankfully, I wasn't the only one...

Too busy posting a picture of the sunset to actually watch it, huh, loverboy?!

It has been amazing being able to wear sandals and walk around with no cardigan or jacket for nearly two weeks now!  I feel so freeeeeeeeeee (even though I am spending most of my day in the office during the week)!  I hope it continues, because everyone seems so much happier...including meeeeeee!

Throwing down my handbag and jumping for joy outside my office!

*All the non-fuzzy, non-Instagram, proper photos in this post where taken by my friend with the bunny ears, Gary.

8 comments:

  1. You have just made me miss London even more! Our flat was right near Belsize tube on Howitt Road and we used to wander around the Heath. Loved picnics in the park...sigh...Looks like you are having such a great summer there! If only we could get work visas again :-(

    At least we'll be there in November! Just received our Rhythm Riot booking confirmation! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! What a great location! How long did you live there for? Wooop! I can't wait til the Riot - we just booked last week! :)

      Delete
  2. I think I would love living in London especially when it's a grey and gloomy. I do love the rain and clouds at any given season. Not to mention all of the cool building and sights to see.

    Looks you and LoverBoy had fun. It's to get away from it all and fun with friends or by yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. London is a great city to live in, that's for sure. Personally, I am not keen on the grey and gloomy weather - but luckily we've been having a hot spell this summer.

      Delete
  3. You guys always look like you're having the best time! If/when we make it back to London we'll need you as a tour guide!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehhe thanks! We like to make the most of our free time - and we will certainly be tour guides for you and Honey WHEN you make it to London! :D

      Delete
  4. What lovely summertime fun! I just adore your cute blue hair scarf - I've been sporting a similar pink one for most of this roasty-toasty week, too.

    Thank you so much for all of your terrifically nice comments lately, honey - you're such a sweet dear!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I have been wearing hair scarfs a lot lately - they are so useful when you haven't washed your hair for a couple of days! Hahah! Plus they add an instant pop of colour! :)

      You are the sweetest - thank you for all of your lovely comments all the time!!! <3

      Delete