Monday, July 23, 2012

The Inteli-Gents Cotton on...

Summer has finally landed in London...hoorah!  This amazing sunshine, coupled with a super dooper weekend, has me in a tip top mood, I must say.

Saturday was a marathon party day, with a summer soirée garden party in the afternoon, followed by a friend's leaving drinks at the Crown and Sceptre pub in the evening, and ending with a night of dancing at Black Cotton Club.


Hosted by DJs El Nino and Lady Kamikaze, Black Cotton Club takes place every third Saturday of the month at Volupte Lounge, where there is usually a live band, and our hosts spin jazz and swing roots music from the 1920s-1940s.


Volupte Lounge is near to Chancery Lane - a part of town that holds a special place in my heart, as it is where my husband and I held our wedding reception.  So we set off on our date night on Saturday, and arrived at the nightclub where everyone was dressed to the nines, the music was hot and the cocktails were fancy.


I must say, loverboy looked particularly handsome and was most definitely stylin' and profilin'...I'm a very lucky girl...


This month, The Inteli-Gents took to the stage, and having seen them at their debut gig last summer (how time flies...) I was overdue a dose of doo-wop, and was keen for loverboy to hear them.


Well they did not disappoint!  They still have those dulcet vocal harmonies, wrapped up in charisma, that appealed to me the last time I saw them.  I do love a band that is obviously having fun, as well as having musical talent (and they are nice guys, to boot)!

 Photos by Lady Kamikaze

As well as being stylish to look at, The Inteli-Gents also play music that is great to dance to - which is a good thing, as I spent most of the night dancing (and thusly, sweating).  For me personally, their brand of r&b contrasted perfectly with the earlier swing records that the DJs were spinning, as it meant that the night had a great variation of styles to lindy, charleston and jive to!

Sweaty, happy faces!


Good music, fun dances, great friends, a warm night, and a two-minute wait for the nightbus meant that we went home with big smiles on our faces.  All in all a top night, I'd say!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore your dress! The color is fantastic on you.

    I am also adoring the shade your hair is currently toned to. It looks really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is one of my antique mall finds from Portland, this past trip!

      Hehehe, the purple turned out not to be such a bad thing after all - it's fading, so every time I wash my hair, it's like I have a new shade to play with! xx

      Delete