Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Bluffin' with my muffin...

Following the delicious bacon and cream cheese stuffed french toast that I ate at Duke's Brew & Que a couple of Sundays ago, I was inspired to break a few eggs, and get busy in the kitchen myself this weekend.

My creation was a bacon and cheddar cheese-stuffed french toast muffin....


It was gooooooooood....and easy! I simply fried some bacon, sliced a 'pouch' into the muffins and stuffed them with the bacon and grated cheddar cheese.  Then I dipped them into beaten egg (which also contained a little milk, salt, pepper and cinnammon) and fried for a few minutes!


Aaron added maple syrup to his, but I opted out, for obvious reasons (i.e. it's yucky)!

The sun actually came out on the weekend, so we spent most of it outdoors, wandering around charity shops and the Battersea car boot sale (which I am not even going to bother blogging about, as it was pants!) which inspired me to rewrite Beyonce's song, to include the lyrics: 'To the left, to the left, everywhere I look I see junk to the left....'


What was awesome, was being able to leave the house without a coat!!!  Hurry up summertime!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I've just discovered your blog, I'll try your recipe!

    I prefer savory muffins ;) Yummy!

    Lorena Be-Bop

    http://beboplashes.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! This recipe is delicious! Maybe if it's of interest, I will start including a few more recipes on the blog...

    I will check your blog out, and do stop by here again! :)

    ReplyDelete