Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Blonde's back in the bay area.

I haven't been posting that much lately, but mostly, this is because I have been living the life of a house hermit (with the exception of going to the gym and the post office) in order to save my pennies for my latest adventure Stateside.

Well, I'm here now! Back in San Francisco and ready to hit the dance floor hard, so be prepared for me to remedy my blogging deficiency and unleash my pent-up musings...

I arrived on Thursday afternoon, and after what felt like an eternity on the aeroplane, I finally made it, but unfortunately fell into the unloving arms of customs. Uh-oh. Unfortunately I have too many stamps in my passport - they just ain't cool with the frequency and duration of my visits to the USofA. As far as I am concerned though, surely as long as I don't overstay my visa allowance, it shouldn't really be of such enormous concern to them as to how I support myself, what I do, where I go, what's in my bank account, who I stay with, what my partner does for a living....and so on.


This is not the first time I have been taken into a room for questioning for this same reason, and I understand that they are just doing their jobs, but surely they can see that I never overstay the 90 day tourist visa, I am in a relationship with someone who lives here, and frankly, how I fund my trips should not really be any of their business, as long as I don't work here illegally (which I do not).

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand breaaaaaaaaaaaathe...

In any case, I made it, was greeted at the airport by my loving fiancé, complete with flowers and a huge grin on his face.




I am determined not to let jet-lag kick my ass too much, as I am very susceptible to falling asleep at 7pm for a good two weeks when I arrive here. Thusly I decided to start as I mean to go on, and went out dancing with my sweetheart last night, over in Oakland at The Uptown (I shall blog about this later).

I have a fun-packed weekend ahead of me, so I had better end my rambling here...

No comments:

Post a Comment