Tuesday, April 20, 2010

She killed it with kisses and from it she fled...

I feel like I've seen more live music in the past week than I have in the last few months! Fellow Brits, Florence and The Machine played a sold out show at Mezzanine on Saturday, and although I watched them through a tequila and champagne induced haze (*ahem*) I thought they played well and had the audience captivated throughout the whole set.


Florence is a real English rose, and she twirled around the stage in a long, flowing white dress which added to her ethereal quality. She has a powerful voice and sang her LUNGS out (see what I did there? Lungs? The album title? Never mind.) although I have to admit, I get a little bored of her voice after a while...

That being said, I enjoy her lyrics and the passion that comes across so strongly in her performance.


Things I really liked:

1)There is a real freedom in Florence Welch's presence.
2)The song 'Dog Days are over' - I love this song, so I enjoyed watching them perform it.
3)There was a harp.

I'm not overly keen on Mezzanine as a venue, I think there is a weird atmosphere to the place. But I like the fact that you have the choice of watching from the balcony or at ground level.

I'm glad that I had the opportunity to see them play a relatively small-ish venue, as they are fast becoming more and more popular and I have a feeling that their London shows will keep getting bigger...

No comments:

Post a Comment