Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A birthday BBQ bonanza - Yeeehaaaaw!!!

From now on, I want all bbq's to be hillbilly hoedowns - it makes it just that much more fun.

I crossed the bridge to the East Bay for a friend's birthday bbq yesterday, and it was the most perfect, beautiful day, filled with wonderful people, food, drinks, a fire and live music. So American, and so awesome. It was about as hillbilly as a deep fried Twinkie. The only thing that could have made it better would have been ribs....and Hey Presto! There they were, in my mouth....and in my teeth. Thank heavens for tooth floss. Oh sweet, sweet ribs, how I love you...


Bbq's are my favourite, but I have to say, this was the bestest barbie I have ever been to! It was a real treat to be in the presence of so many talented musicians who entertained us all around the fire, well into the small hours. I am now trying to decide whether I should learn to play the banjo or the ukulele...


The arrival of corn bread later in the evening pleased me greatly and momentarily helped to distract me from the realisation that I could probably eat my body weight in M&M's - wow they are moreish.


I feel so lucky to have made so many lovely friends through the bay area swing dance scene, and it was great to meet even more friendly people at the party. I continue to be welcomed with such overwhelming kindness and generosity that I really feel at home here. Now if only I could take everyone back to London with me when I eventually have to return...

No comments:

Post a Comment